I've Put This Blog "On Hold"

I want to thank you for visiting A Dowser's Diary.

This blog is temporarily defunct. It's not because the dowsing was unsuccessful - in fact, it's the opposite. My dowsing has been very successful and enlightening and has taken me to new areas of exploration regarding my intuitive powers.

Such activity, however, can be hampered by open discussion and publicity. Talking about it can impede its progress. So I've had to make a choice: Continue the blog and curtail progress, or stop the blog and continue exploring. For the time being, at least, I've selected the second path.

Once I deal with this situation, I would like to resurrect this blog, but not quite yet.

Thank you for your understanding ~ Greg


Friday, August 1, 2008

Lure of the Pendulum


I know I’m not even close to becoming fluent with L-rods, but I’m excited over the success I’ve had with them. And I’ve become impatient. When it comes to the basic tools of dowsing – L-rods, Y-rods, and pendulums, among others – I’m eager to move on to the pendulum. It seems to present huge potential for expanding dowsing and divining in an array of intriguing areas.

Again, I’m going to take the advice of experts and pay attention to what Terry Ross and Richard Wright say in The Divining Mind:

More than any other instrument it is the one most commonly associated with unfounded claims. Some treatises speak of the pendulum as if it were a conduit to the spirit world, able to connect us to a source that can give us all sorts of compelling messages from the vasty deep. Other books talk about it as a mysterious device that will lead you to untold riches, romance, and personal fulfillment. Many of these publications do not even use the term dowsing. The paradox for us is that the claims, although sensationalized, may indeed contain a germ of truth, but that trust is so distorted by exaggeration, superstition, and appeals to egotism that, if they answer any need at all, it is only to a limited a superficial part of our nature.

If you have read such claims, your first task is to recognize their sideshow appeal and disregard them for the moment. You may, in fact, find it helpful to disregard everything you thought you knew about the pendulum and be willing to start with a fresh outlook.

With that, I'll drop my preconceived notions.

No comments: