Pendulum Number 2 ~ a beautiful thing carved from orange calcite crystal ~ has arrived. But not without technology raising its sometimes-ugly head.My brass pendulum, ordered at the same time, arrived in about a week. I waited . . . and waited . . . and waited for the orange calcite one. As with the brass one, I’d ordered this one online and the place where I bought it ~ My Psychic World ~ advertised that they have one-day shipping. I waited one month to the day and then emailed them.
Within a couple of hours I had a personal reply from the owner, Barbara Mackey, who said she did not have an order from me, but was checking with PayPal, which is how I’d supposedly paid for the pendulum. Then I got this from Kate Young and Barbara:
Dear Gregory: I just checked my PayPal account for My Psychic World. Your payment is there. Apparently the email from PayPal has not been coming through to our account. I was not aware of your order until now. Please accept my sincere apologies. We always ship next day.
If you are still interested in the pendulum, it can ship tomorrow. If not, I fully understand, and will refund your purchase price. Please let me know what you'd like to do.
OK Greg... It will go out priority mail tomorrow. You will receive tracking information from us tomorrow afternoon. Again, we are so sorry. We pride ourselves on next-day delivery, and great customer service. We have more than one email account and the problem was in the email server that we use to communicate with PayPal. We have fixed everything, and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Hope you enjoy the pendulum. The orange calicite is one of Kate's personal favorites. Is has a special sparkle to it...
So I got my pendulum and they got their problem solved.
The orange calcite pendulum is a bit taller and wider than the brass pendulum and weighs less. It has a silver chain with some sort of small gem at the opposite end. It was $19. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I love orange calcite crystal and keep a pleasing chunk of it on my writing desk at all times. And it's true, the little pendulum does have a special sparkle to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment